Youth Pathway Program
The Youth Pathway Program builds on the capacity of existing Family and Community Services (FACS) funded services to work with clients at risk of, or experiencing homelessness. Utilising a client centred and collaborative approach to co-case management, Path 2 Change supports young people aged 16 – 25 that contributes to case plans developed by FACS funded services.
Path 2 Change (P2C) identifies a young person’s current support needs and barriers that may be preventing access to education/training & employment services. P2C undertakes client centred case planning, and develops strategies to address barriers that young people may be experiencing, when accessing assistance towards education/training and employment opportunities.
P2C supports and promotes education and employment opportunities including direct support to young people and the development of pathways that will be embedded across the SHS sector. P2C caseworkers are dedicated to the clients who access the program. P2C has developed significant relationships with local businesses and educational organisations, which help develop pathways to assist young people to access support easily.
We provide assistance and support to enable young people to:
• Access educational/training and employment opportunities;
• Identify key strengths and areas for development when choosing education/training and employment opportunities;
• Source and apply for education/training and employment opportunities;
• Access short courses assisting clients move towards their education & employment goals;
• Obtain references and other documentation to support employment applications;
• Access literacy and numeracy workshops;
• Access scholarships;
• Access transport to and from education, employment and training;
• Access existing counselling services linked to education, employment or training providers;
• Link with existing mentors relevant to the area of interest;
• Prepare young people to secure a drivers licence;
• Obtain documentation to enrol for education and training;
• Prepare for interviews;